5.4.07

You'll catch your death dressed like that!

What is it about the older generaration which compels them to dress for arctic weather even when it's baking hot? Today was a gloriously warm, sunny day in south London, and yet as I walked to the park to sit amongst the first sun-worshippers of the season, I was given cause to whip out my camera phone and take a snap of this monstrosity.

I just don't get it - it's hot, it's sunny, it's humid - why would anyone layer themselves up and add a big quilted jacket with matching hat on top? I dread to think of the buckets of sweat which must have been pouring off her underneath there. I for one would not have wanted to end up standing anywhere near her in the post office queue.

What is more shocking is that she had somehow managed to twin the outfit with a pair of Deirdre-Barlow-esque sunglasses. I suppose she was trying to cover all eventualities.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:13 pm, Blogger Jamie said...

Hilarious! No wonder so many old people die in the summer if this is how they go about with the temperatures soaring. Maybe you should send this to 'Age Concern' so they can do a campaign.

 
At 10:34 am, Blogger londonboy79 said...

There's no need for a winter fuel allowance if they can already afford to layer up like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home